Prayers for Peace in Israel

 Dear Friends,


In the midst of the tragic events  in Israel I wanted to send you something  which Elad, our tour guide  while we will be in Israel sent me.

As one who remembers  so many of the conflicts in Israel, the loss of life and the trauma is staggering.

May the memories of those who have died not be in vain,may  those who have been kidnapped and are being held hostage be  returned safely, and may Israel know peace  in the days ahead.

B'shalom, in peace,

Bruce

My dear friends,
You probably heard the bad news about the war that started today between Gaza and  between Israel.
We are in a new situation that last time we experienced was exactly 50 years and one days ago on October 6th 1973 when the Yom Kippur war started, today it's Yom kippur war #2. 
My family seems to be safe though my 96 years old grandmother who lives in Ofakim, my home town near the border with Gaza. among other villages and towns it is under attack and hostages are taken. My grandmother Sol has been locked at her home with her assistant for more than 14 hours now and we can't go there to save her. 

I am very worried about the potential of where things can go from here and already hundreds of people have died in Gaza and Israel and thouthend are injured and the war just started.. 
I can Just hope for minimal damage.

Please pray for less violence and suffering in the region. I still have hope and believe that times will come where we will have peace in the region. We all have the potential to make a difference and make it happen.
I know you are worried about the humans of this land, Israelis and Palestinians, Muslims Christians and Jews and your love and attention is really important for us. you have been here before and experienced the huge thirst we all have to stop the violence and our yearning for peace, please share this experience with your friends.
If you wish to share your thoughts and feelings in private or here you are welcome.
Sending wishes of peace and health and better days.
Love
Elad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening and Love

Tragedies of War